Hopkinton State Fair Admission – Monday
Admit up to one person on Monday, September 6, 2020 into the Hopkinton State Fair.
A LABOR DAY TRADITION SINCE 1915
The Hopkinton State Fair was originally started as a two-day agricultural event by the Contoocook Board of Trade, which held the first fair on October 5 and 6, 1915, at George’s Park in Contoocook village. The event was named the “Hopkinton Fair” or the “Contoocook Valley Fair”. The net profit for the first fair was just under $5. In 1921, the board expanded the fair to a three-day event from Tuesday through Thursday.
The fair consisted of agricultural exhibits, food vendors, baseball games, horse races, games, amusement rides and sideshow tents. Other entertainment such as the Hopkinton Town Band concerts became quite popular over the years. Ribbon and monetary prize competitions were popular exhibits for livestock and other farm animals.
After enduring tremendous growth, in 1947 the fair moved to its present location behind the Hopkinton High School, as it needed more land for its ever expanding exhibits. In 1953, the Fair Association acquired more property for additional expansion.
In 1980, the fair became a five-day event opening on Thursday and operating through Labor Day.
In December 1985, the association directors voted to change the name of the fair to its current “Hopkinton State Fair”.
In 2014, the association decided to shorten the fair back to a four-day event, running Friday through Labor Day.
Admission tickets includes…
- Admission into the fairgrounds on Friday, September 6, 2020 (gates open at 8:00am)
- Educational Exhibits
- Livestock Competitions
- Live Entertainment
- Fair Food
- Vouchers MUST be converted on-line into a Ticket Order at www.hsfair.org by 9/6/2020 . Please follow instructions on your voucher.
- Vouchers will NOT be accepted at the fair.
- Must Print your Tickets from hsfair.org in order to redeem at Gate.
Cashiers have no ability to look up online orders at the admission gates.
- Valid for one GENERAL TICKET on Friday, September 6th, 2020.
- Children 35 months and under admitted FREE.
- One voucher per person – No Limit on number purchased.
- Voucher expires 9/6/2020 – no refunds.